Hotel "Vojvodina" is the oldest hotel in Novi Sad. Hotel was built in 1854 and is located in the center of the city. Throughout its 150-year history, it has always been an intersection of the city's culture, entertainment and political life. Originally named the "Empress Elizabeth" hotel, after the wife of Francis Joseph, it changed its name twice more. First, to the Hotel "Queen Mary", by the wife of the Yugoslav King Alexander Karadjordjevic, and today's name it gets in 1945, after the Second World War. Although electric lighting was introduced in the city in 1910, the hotel had it since 1899. Since the hotel was constructed, it has not changed its original appearance, and as a hospitality and tourism facility has hosted many travelers and celebrities from public and cultural life, such as Laza Kostic, Milos Crnjanski, Lajos Zilahi, Duke Marko Miljanov and Prince Tomislav Karadjordjevic.